- Internship on the Deathstar: I knew it was wrong as everyone in my family was rebel fighters, but it was just so enticing. Also, liquids over 3 oz. are not allowed in intergalatic space travel. I kept having items from my internship confiscated when travelling from the Deathstar to other planets.
- Primary Lesson: Concerned about what to teach our active class of 5-year-olds, I decided it would be best to just take them to Disneyland. We could go on some rides, somehow tie it in to the childhood of Joseph Smith, and be back by the end of church. I ended up leaving the class with Todd to go on some extreme wilderness recreation of Endor. (I really have NO IDEA why Star Wars is such a common theme...) I ended up making through the difficult obstacle course with the cheers of my primary class. The return trip was a roller coaster ride with remixed with evil-sounding Michael Jackson music.
- Longboarding: Hanging out with several of my substance-using students, we went to pick out a longboard. I wanted a good deal, so they were all giving me tips on what to do. I ended up with one that was like a lawn chair with huge wheels. After several accidents, I decided to go for a more expensive, but less bendable model.
- My dad: When I dream about my family, my dad is ALWAYS with us. I had one dream where I went home for Christmas and my dad was sitting in his chair as usual. We all knew that he had already passed away, but he was just there. We could talk to him, we could hug him, and it was like he wasn't dead at all. I thought to myself, "This really isn't so bad. It's exactly like he never got sick." I love that dream, and I really feel like it was my dad's way of telling me that he is still with me and usually a lot closer than I realize.
Sunday, January 23, 2011
Dreams
I know the past year has been one of lots of changes. I see it especially in my dreams. I've always been fairly--let's be polite and say "creative"--but I thought in my sleep it would shut off a little bit. My dreams always affect my mood the next day. I'm also known to talk in my sleep. I often don't know what is real or what I was dreaming. Here are a few dream favorites:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love that you dream so much about star wars!
ReplyDeleteI used to have a lot of dreams about my dad like that. I am glad that they can be comforting and remind you that he is still around.
I heart you
ReplyDelete